University of Heidelberg – Support for Students, Doctoral Candidates and ResearchersLocation: Location: Germany | Workplace: On site

The university offers assistance to refugees aiming to begin a course of study in Heidelberg, to continue their studies or to take up a research post at the university after having had to leave Ukraine, Russia or Belarus.

Academics and early-career researchers can approach the Research Division and the Welcome Centre of the International Relations Division with all their questions about obtaining residence status and working in Heidelberg. Doctoral candidates can approach the Graduate Academy with their offers of support. Students are invited to contact the International Relations Division with questions relating to their study courses and residence status in Heidelberg, in particular on financing their studies, their right of residence and other administrative matters. The Central Student Advisory Office of Heidelberg University offers students confidential one-on-one consultations, either on campus, by video or by telephone. They can also request an advice session in small groups. Facilities to approach here include the Psychotherapeutic University Outpatient Clinic and Psychosocial Counseling for Students at the student services organization (Studierendenwerk Heidelberg).